Junior High Summer Camp
Sunday, Jul 4, 2021 @ 2:00 PM
Hartland Christian Camp
For some Junior Highers, this is their first time going to camp - it can even be their first real experience with God. This can be a life changing week for them!
Dates: July 4-9
We know camp is expensive, here are a few ways to help lessen the cost.
- Campership Fund from Hartland
Hartland has funds set aside from donors who desire to help families send students to camp. Click on the link above to fill out the application.
- Fireworks Fund from Kingsburg Community Church
Anyone 18+ years old may volunteer in our fireworks booth for a 2-hour shift the week leading up to the 4th of July. Each shift will earn $75 off a camper's total cost. There is a limit of 2 shifts per camper until May 31st. On June 1st, you may sign up for as many shifts as you would like.
We do not provide rides to or from camp. If more than one family is interested in carpooling, then we will put those families in contact with one another for them to make arrangements. It is your responsibility to make sure your student gets to camp and back home.
What to Bring
Clothing: Hartland is located at an elevation of about 4,500 feet with temperatures varying greatly. Summer afternoons are generally warm (low 70's to mid 90's) and nights are cool to cold (60's down to the 40's at times).
- warm clothing for evenings
- cooler clothing for daytime
- good walking/hiking shoes
- "grubbies" (clothes that can get dirty, muddy, etc.)
- jacket, sweatshirt, etc.
- sleeping bag
- soap, shampoo, toothbrush, etc.
- insect repellent
- sun screen
- water bottle
- pen or pencil
- spending money for the snack bar, gift shop, paintball
Each day there is a cabin cleanup theme. Monday is anything pertaining to the camp theme. Tuesday is manly men and girly girls. Wednesday is counselor appreciation day. And Thursday is traps and tricks. Many campers and counselors like to bring decorating supplies for this purpose. It's a fun way to build cabin unity and earn points for your team. Please do not use duct tape on walls or bunks, lipstick on mirrors, or anything else that leaves a mess.
Please put your camper's name on everything! If you find that your child has lost something, call the Camp Office at (559) 337-2349. Found items are only held for two weeks after camp.
What NOT to Bring
- electronic devices of any kind
- drugs (unless prescribed by a doctor)
Hartland has the unique opportunity to create a setting that fosters spiritual, relational, and personal growth. Your student's dress can help or hinder that goal so please be modest. While this list doe not include every imaginable article of clothing or fashion trend, here are some guidelines to help you keep everyone's best interest in mind.
- Tops end where bottoms begin. Your midriff belongs behind one or the other.
- Hartland is all about unity when it comes to swimwear. Please wear modest one-piece bathing suits only (or a colored T-shirt over).
- Underwear belongs UNDER your other clothes. Don't go showing it off.
- Sleepwear is for sleeping in. Please don't wear your jammies around camp.
- Yoga pants are for doing yoga in. Save the tight fitting pants/shorts for the gym back home or cover them with a long shirt.
- And as ironic as it may sound, the longer the shorts the better. At least fingertip length please.
Directions (be sure to gas up before leaving)
Special Dietary Needs and Food Allergies
To ensure that mail reaches campers, please mail letters or packages 4-5 days prior to desired delivery date.
Hartland Christian Camp
Dates of Camp
57611 Eshom Valley Drive
Badger, CA 93603